Dr. Vera Packard, Executive Director
Dr. Vera Packard is the executive director of the HERS Breast Cancer Foundation. She’s originally from Brazil. She earned her Medical Degree in Medicine in Brazil, and specialized in breast disease, particularly in breast cancer in London, UK. She worked in private practice in addition to the University Hospital for 20 years. Vera has a deep commitment to women’s health issues which inspired her to found a non-profit organization devoted to breast cancer awareness in 1997.
Vera believes in communities coming together helping each other. She has always been inspired by her experience as an exchange student in Washington State in 1977. She has served as president of her former Rotary club in Brazil and was a leader in the medical community in Natal, Brazil. She is also a board member of Wardrobe for Opportunity, an organization that helps men and women find a job, keep a job and build a career. Vera recently was recognized as one of the 100 Women of Influence by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Outstanding Business Woman by ABWA, American Business Women’s Association, Bay Area Council.
Vera is married to Mark and has two children, Tiago and Maria Clara. She resides in Livermore with her family and their beautiful dog Nano.
- Pam Petersen, Director of Administration
- Selia “Sally” Najera Chaparro, Breast Care Specialist
- Pam Condy, Breast Care Specialist
- Annette Lewellyn, Breast Care Specialist
- Sara Hansen, Breast Care Specialist in Training
- Carlie Lozano, Breast Care Specialist in Training, Administrative Assistant
- Patricia Billington, Breast Care Specialist in Training
- April Sommers, Receptionist
- Judy Cooper, Office Work Support
- Lisa Stambaugh, Website Management
- Janice Florence, Outreach Program Coordinator
- Mary Jane Hassman, Accounts Receivable Assistant
- Vicki Goss, Support to ValleyCare Store
- Mimi Poon, Support to Fremont Store
- Nancy Little, Support to Executive Director
- Kristin Litz, Support with Facebook