The People with Purpose Awards program was founded by the HERS Breast Cancer Foundation in 2010, to honor people and organizations who have made a difference in the lives of breast cancer survivors.
HERS stands for Hope, Empowerment, Renewal and Support. The HERS Breast Cancer Foundation is here to:
- Provide hope to all breast cancer survivors so that they never have to feel embarrassed
- Empower survivors so they feel proud of their “new normal” after the devastating diagnosis of breast cancer
- Help in the renewal of their self image
- Give them support to allow them to have confidence and thrive
Through the People with Purpose Awards Program and Event, we want to celebrate special people, starting with our wonderful clients who live a great life despite breast cancer.
We salute our honorees, who support and guide our clients in achieving these four aspects of their recovery process. The kindness of their hearts and their understanding of our mission allow us to fulfill the purpose of our foundation.
Finally, we celebrate all of our supporters and event attendees who understand that we are all responsible for building a better community. People with loving hearts caring about others… People with a responsible attitude making a difference in the community… People with Purpose making this world a better place.
- 1st Annual People with Purpose, April 8, 2010
- 2nd Annual People with Purpose, April 28, 2011
- 3rd Annual People with Purpose, April 26, 2012
- 4th Annual People with Purpose, April 25, 2013
- 5th Annual People with Purpose, April 24, 2014
- 6th Annual People with Purpose, April 23, 2015